Saturday, September 23, 2006

A day With Picasso & Dora Maar

picasso the comic, picasso in despair, picasso in anguish, picasso in love & mesmerized by Dora


Mood: pretty happy & feeling lucky.

Day: Another day of arts, this time with the ultimate Picasso & Dora Maar

Venue: NGV, Aug- Sept 2006

It was just so crowded to be in that space especially when you are trying to appreciate the work of an artist. I have not been a fan of picasso nor do i disgust it.hahaha but I am intrigue by it.
The etchings speak of emotional frustration through the hard lines, through the scrappings, through repetitions of his strokes. I couldnt stop myself as i admire how one simple coloured pencil drawing (for example)looks as if it was done on paint. I really really did enjoy the exhibition.


The photos in which picasso first fell in love, Man Ray

As for Dora maar, I was just captivated by her pictures. She is truly a beautiful woman & no wonder a lover to picasso. She had a way with her composition, so dark & so much story beneath the layers. They must have had an intense relationship as she had kept many reminders / memories in her apartment of Picasso when she died at the age of 90. Can you imagine she was still alive in 1997, damn i wished i knew my art then.:)it's strange to know that someone so iconic was alive in my time.


No comments: